How many times have people been the victims of online dating scams? Ever since online dating took off. Some people have lost thousands of dollars or worse. All of us are susceptible to this threat.
Most of the time, this person might seem to be the one for you. You get trapped without even knowing it. You keep sending items to the person. Then you realize all your meetings are fake. Well you have lost some money.
What can you do to prevent it? What are the signs of online dating scams? This article will go through some of the points you need to look out for. Please be sure to take a few notes or memorize them.
Warning signs of a online dating scams:
- The person’s profile is different than the information provided. It might even look like they came out of magazines.
- They confess strong feelings towards you in just a few moments. Suggestion are made to make your conversation more private.
- They gain your trust. Then asks for gifts, money or your bank account details. All of this is done through some elaborate story.
- The requests for money will not stop, even if you say no.
- Every attempt at a meeting is shot down.
- Their emails will become more desperate, persistent or direct.
- The emails seem badly written, wrongly addressed, vague , repetitive and it contains information from news articles.
Ways to protect yourself from online dating scams.
- Always see any contact as a probable scam.
- Try remove your emotions, even if they seem extremely caring.
- Talk to a friend, relative or fair trading agency before you send any money.
- Think carefully before you send money to someone you met online.
- Do not share personal photos and information online.
- If you do agree to meet in person, make sure a friend knows where you are.
- Avoid arrangements where you need to make upfront payments to this person.
- If you did give your bank account information to a scammer, contact your bank immediately.
- Never agree to transfer money to someone you me online.