The following list is weird and wonderful online dating facts. Some of you might already know these facts but some of them can be really interesting.
Online dating facts and statistics:
- 51% of all online dating people are in a relationship, only 21% are really single and 11% are married.
- The first online dating site Match.com, was created in 1995.
- After the ‘About me’ and the ‘Pictures’ section on a dating profile the most important for online daters is the geographical location and the age of the potential partner.
- The 3 main reasons of break-ups are: lost interest, distance, and cheating.
- Some surveys in the USA state the average age of an online dater is 48 years. Other statistics show that nearly 50% of all online daters are aged between 18-34.
- In the United Kingdom, the volume of Google searches on mobile phones about dating grew by more than 200% each year since 2008.
- When looking for a potential partner online, some of the most important deal breakers are smoking, drinking, political views, religious views, education, racial background and children.
- IBM Researchers found that 60% of 41 online dating applications were vulnerable to cyber attacks.
- eHarmony and Match.com are two of the most known dating sites in the whole world.
- 10% of new accounts on free dating sites are from scammers.
- A survey of 5,000 singles conducted by Match.com have concluded that 43% said fresh breath mattered the most before a date, 17% said stylish clothes, 15% said sexy fragrance, 14% said good skin, and 10% said great hair.
- The online dating industry generates $1.8 billion per year in the United States.
- Studies show that the way a man stands counts for 80% of women’s first impression.
- Some research have shown that men know they are falling in love after three dates but women don’t fall in love until date fourteen.